Sunday, May 2, 2010

The quaint Visa Officer and other trivia

Had an interview of sorts with the Visa officer at the French consulate in Mumbai. The Officer couldn't believe that two people (Vinay and me) with absolutely no French between them, except two words (Bon jour!) were going to France to learn and teach. We tried to convince him that the school we are going to was an 'international' school where English is spoken and used but he was still muttering, but you don't know my country, you simply don't know my country'. After some suspense we got the Visa. On our way out I caught the officer looking at me with a wry, knowing smile. I could almost read his mind.... These guys are going to have a pretty rough time in beautiful France... but I warned them... in french of course (Ces gars-là vont avoir un temps assez rude dans la belle France ... mais je les ai mis en garde). Thanks to Google translator.

No comments:

Post a Comment